Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Standstill (but we have a fireplace!)

Our windows have been backordered for a while now, and our builder has been doing everything they can do without them in to keep the project moving forward. Unfortunately, everything that can be done, is done! The house is looking good so far:

That dumpster is really cramping my photo style. 
We did the electrical walkthrough last week, but due to the prevalence of copper theft in Houston, we are going to hold off on wiring the house until after the windows are in.

They did put our fireplace in yesterday though, and we are thrilled with it so far!



I can't wait to see it with brick around it!

Finally, we hired a new interior designer, Nicole Zarr. My friend Courtland knew what I wanted the house to look like and told me to call her - after meeting with her, I couldn't be more excited. A blogger here in Houston recently did a profile on a house that Nicole designed. The house and other examples of her work can be seen here:  http://www.cotedetexas.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2013-09-03T01:10:00-05:00&max-results=1

The windows are supposed to be here Monday. If they show up, I'll update the photos then!

No comments:

Post a Comment