Sunday, September 29, 2013

Louisiana Antique and Other Fun Stuff.

This week was fun in terms of progress! The siding is finished and our brick work is nearly complete on the outside of the house:



Foundation Vents!

It looks far more red in these photos than it does in person, but it is a reclaimed brick called "Louisiana Antique." We picked the brick from looking at another house, so I laughed when I heard the name. Of course.

Our insulation is also complete, and sheetrock started on Friday! It's really starting to take shape.

The insulation started with these fiberglass blankets:


Then they punched holes in it and filled all the spaces up with blown cellulose. I was entertained. It reminded me of that build-your-own-teddy bear thing where they shoot your bear up with fill. I know this because mom and I bought Carson the cutest one at Busch Stadium once. Suckers, you say? Nope, so worth it.

Sheetrock delivered!


They started the ceiling sheetrock, first upstairs. This is the northeast upstairs bedroom...


And this one is our master bathroom ceiling! The darker board is over the shower, I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that it has to be water-resistant. 

In a week or so, trim will start. Can't wait!


1 comment: